Frontières is internationally established as the leading industry initiative for genre film professionals. It is organized by the Fantasia International Film Festival, with the participation of the Marché du Film - Festival de Cannes.
At Frontières, we connect genre filmmakers with industry professionals and promote co-production and collaboration between international partners. Frontières now produces two annual events: the Frontières Platform at the Marché du Film - Festival de Cannes and the Frontières International Co-Production Market which, every year, presents its Shorts to Features section. For the first time, Frontières opens a call for projects for filmmakers wishing to pitch a feature based on their short film.
Success stories coming out of Frontières include projects like TURBO KID (dir. RKSS Films, Québec-Canada/New Zealand), LES AFFAMÉS / THE RAVENOUS (dir. Robin Aubert, Québec-Canada), SLAXX (dir. Elza Kephart, Québec-Canada), RAW / GRAVE (dir. Julia Ducournau, France/Belgium) and more.
Visit this page for more information about Frontières.
In 2022, the Shorts to Features comes back under a whole new format. Now open to all Canadian projects, the Lab offers filmmakers the chance to pitch their feature project to a panel of industry experts, in a closed environment.
WHAT DOES THE FRONTIERES COPRODUCTION MARKET OFFER ?
In 2022, the Market is back in person, taking place in Montreal, July 21-24. If your project is selected, you will be given access to all activities including :
- Pitch sessions from the selected projects;
- Mentoring session with an industry expert prior to the event;
- Meeting and networking opportunities with project participants and a large variety of seasoned professionals from the international Genre film industry;
- Panels and round tables on the latest developments and trends in Genre film production, financing and distribution;
- A profile in the Frontières Coproduction Market booklet;
- Short film must be a Canadian project;
- Feature must be based on the short you submit;
- Projects must qualify as « Genre » in nature: horror, sci-fi, fantasy, action, dark thriller;
Your application can be submitted in French or English.
Submission Fee : CAD$ 90.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: MAY 27, 2022
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.